Whether you already do a stand-up act, or are a close-up magician looking to add a stand-up spot to offer clients (for an extra fee), this 28-page A4-size publication is crammed with tips and suggestions that will make a huge difference to your performance.
It's not about how to make your tricks and routines better. Rather, it is about making YOU better as a performer.
What's discussed here are very much the techniques known by the "old pros" of stage and variety and are largely unknown by today's generations of magicians. These ideas would likely remain unknown unless you were prepared to hire a first-class director.
Read through and then go and watch some variety acts, be it comedians in comedy clubs, magicians at conventions, or burlesque acts, and make notes of what you think could be improved upon in their acts. Go home and make sure you don't make those same 'errors' in your own performances.
You will discover...
References are given to online video clips to help illustrate many of the points made. If you perform as a magician or presenter, any one of these tips you use is worth more than your investment.
- How to develop your character
- What is your style?
- Do your clothes actually suit you?
- Tips on being seen and heard
- Tips on making eye contact when you can't see the audience
- How to walk onto a stage
- Eliminating distractions so the focus is on you. After all, you are the most important person in the room, aren't you?
- How to correctly hold a microphone
- How to take a call and get maximum applause
- How to develop and script your show
- Three types of pausing and how to use them effectively
So invest in yourself, make these improvements in your performance, and you'll see the amazing results in audience reactions and bookings!