Can I return an item to Merlins?
Merlins of Wakefield aim to guarantee your satisfaction in all cases but please be fully aware of the following returns policy before making a purchase:
When you purchase a magic product you are buying a secret as well as a prop in many cases. Merlins of Wakefield will only exchange items that are FAULTY and not for any other reason (Faulty items should be reported to Merlins of Wakefield not later than 7 days after you have received your item). In the case of faulty items, upon receipt of the item, Merlins of Wakefield will issue a straight swap for another unit of the same product that will be checked by our staff before dispatch. Merlins of Wakefield will only exchange faulty DVD’s for a working copy of the same title; titles cannot be exchange for alternatives. Books cannot be returned if the shrink-wrap has been opened and will only be exchanged in cases of damage in transit for an undamaged duplicate title.
In the case that a customer should wish to make a return then please email our shop on: email@example.com or call us on: +44 (0) 1924 339933 to be advised by a member of the team before posting items back to us. We will only accept returns once agreed through correspondence with the customer and Merlins of Wakefield reserves the right to refuse an exchange if they deem that a product is damaged through extensive use as opposed to a manufacturing defect. In extreme cases where a duplicate exchange may not be possible, then a store credit will be offered. This is agreed through liaisons between Merlins of Wakefield and the customer.
If you try to return an item that is not FAULTY and simply because it is "not what you thought it was” or "does not fit your style” then Merlins of Wakefield do not deem this appropriate grounds for exchange and reserve the right to refuse the return and will simply return the item to you if no correspondence or agreement has been made prior to Merlins of Wakefield taking receipt of the return. *If however Merlins of Wakefield do agree to accepting the item back a restocking fee of 15% and cost of postage will be deducted. If you require advice or have any queries about any of our items before you make a purchase, then please call our store on +44 (0) 1924 339933 so that we can advise you as much as possible to ensure you make the right purchase for you – remember, we are here to help you.
SHIPPING RATES & TERMS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
We dispatch orders every working day up until 3.30pm. We do not dispatch orders over the weekend or during public holidays.
A lot of our orders are dispatched the same day we receive the order otherwise we will dispatch orders within 1- 3 business days of receiving your order. For items that are not in stock or which are pre-ordering we will dispatch these items as soon as we have the item in stock.
All United Kingdom orders are shipped using either Royal Mail seond class and usually take one or two working days to arrive after being dispatched.
To provide a better level of service and to ensure your goods arrive safely we have a DEFAULT option of RECORDED DELIVERY on UK orders.
If you haven't received your goods within a week of receiving our email telling you your goods have been shipped you should telephone your local Royal mail delivery office to check if they are holding your goods for you.
* In the event of loss of a parcel, Merlins of Wakefield cannot be held responsible and will not resend or replace a lost item. Please be aware that Royal Mail second Class delivery states on their website that they aim to deliver second class items within 2 working days (if sent early morning post) but in our experience it can take up to as much as ten working days depending on location and season. Please also be aware that our posting time on a standard weekday is 3:30pm GMT. We do not send out orders on weekends, public holidays or unless otherwise stated on the website. If a second class package is lost or undelivered the customer can request Merlins of Wakefield to put a trace on the item but this can take up to four weeks before processing begins.
Merlins of Wakefield is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Merlins Magic may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.